Applied Behavioral Analysis/Therapy (ABA)
Applied Behavior Analysis is a science-based approach to the analysis, treatment, and reduction of problematic behavior. This type of therapy assists children and their families with challenging behavior while managing consequences in the environment. Our ABA therapists teach clients to engage in replacement behavior rather than problematic behavior.
Who Can Benefit From ABA Services?
- Engage in behavior that interferes with the child’s development of new skills
- Disrupt family, school, and community routines
- Show difficulty communicating
- Experience problem behaviors that get in the way of daily functioning
- Have difficulty learning new skills
- Damage their surroundings and environment
Other Applied Behavior Analysis Services:
- Verbal behavioral therapy
- Functional communication training
- Natural environment teaching
- Discrete trial training
- Acquisition of daily living skills
- Feeding therapy for picky eaters
- School readiness
- IEP support.
- Toilet training
- Social Skills/Peer play
- Parent support
The Applied Behavior Analysis program is an approved Applied Behavior Analysis University practicum site at USF. We also offer supervision for ABA students pursuing supervised independent fieldwork and intensive practicum.